The Institute for Training and Research in Social Work, Medico Social and Health (IFRTS) is an Association with multiple missions:
- A private school delivering diplomas Masters I and II Master in Social Work
- A continuous vocational training center and a Health and Social Training Institute
It develops its expertise in the development of information, training, research and is recognized by the University of Corsica, the Regional Directorate for Youth, Sports and Social Cohesion (DRJSCS) and Corsica Region for training courses preparing State diplomas.
Animating and managing thematic resource centers, IFRTS organizes
– reception, guidance, training, support and monitoring of people facing integration difficulties and / or vocational retraining
– information campaigns, conducts studies, carries out research and experimentation, organizes study days, seminars and “summer universities” on various topics.
– Workshops for practices exchange that result in the creation of thematic working groups involving multiple actors (professionals, teachers, trainees, experts, …) aiming to deepen the subject and have a finer analysis of situations.
IFRTS is a member of UNAFORIS, National Union of Associations of Education and Research in Social Intervention, working to train future social workers in the context of rapid change and social action. Global thinking is conducted on the role of social work in the socio-educational intervention and the measures to assure adaptable training.
At the request of the professional sector and for a proximity interest, IFRTS is one of the 7 social work training organizations present in PACA- Provence Alpes Cote D’azur and Corsica regions, which are grouped together within a “RESOURCES POLE” in order to co- develop a VAE – Validation of the Acquisition of
Experience support scheme for social work diplomas in levels IV, III and II:
– Collège Coopératif Provence Alpes Méditerranée,
– IRTS – Paca et Corse,
– Institut d’Enseignement Supérieur de Travail Social – IESTS,
– Institut Régional de Formation Sanitaire et Social PACA et Corse – IRFSS,
– Institut Supérieur Marseille Cadenelle – ISMC,
– Institut Méditerranéen de Formation et Recherche en travail Social – IMF.